TORONTO – February 1, 2018 – The Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO), the voice of the rapidly growing prepaid payments industry in Canada, announced it will host the second annual CPPO Prepaid Symposium on May 8, 2018 at the Beanfield Centre in Toronto, ON. The CPPO Prepaid Symposium is the premier education and networking event for the $3.6B open-loop prepaid industry in Canada. The event precedes the Payments Canada Summit being held May 9-11 at the same location.
“This year we will focus on global prepaid growth and opportunities for Canada to lead this expansion and evolution. Our speakers represent a wide range of Canadian and international voices and they will provide actionable insight to capitalize on innovation and global trends,” said David Eason, CPPO Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board.
The symposium will feature a keynote address from prepaid industry founder and leader of North America’s largest reloadable prepaid debit card platform, Steve Streit, CEO of Green Dot Corporation.
“Attendees from the 2017 Symposium expressed great enthusiasm for the content and speakers, so we have expanded those offerings this year with a deep dive into regulatory issues, commercial best practices and case studies from proven programs and leaders,” said Jennifer Tramontana, CPPO Co-Founder and Executive Director.
The event will kick off with a start-up showcase hosted by Ryerson University’s DMZ, the leading business incubator for tech start-ups in Canada. Early-stage companies will pitch their innovations to attendees.
Additional symposium topics include:
- Prepaid innovation and opportunity in Canada
- New primary research on the Canadian prepaid market from CPPO and Mastercard
- The opportunity with the underserved: A case study from Scotiabank and The North West Company
- Regulatory implications for prepaid presented by Finance Canada
- How artificial intelligence can combat fraud
- Live consumer panel with multi-generational users
- Best practices workshop for corporate incentive programs hosted by Wirecard
- The importance of reloading for maximum value
Other speakers include:
- Ana Badour, McCarthy Tétrault, Partner
- Dan Bernaerdt, The North West Company, Director Financial Services
- Jim Brown, Samsung Electronics Canada, Head of Samsung Pay
- Michel Cardinal, Scotiabank, Director Commercial Cards and CPPO Vice Chair
- Brad Fauss, Wirecard, General Counsel and Vice President Compliance and Government Affairs
- Ron Hynes, Payfare, CEO
- Giselle Kovary, n-gen People Performance Inc., President
- Albert Lang, Payment Source, Vice President Marketing and Strategy
- Omer Sattar, Sightline Payments, Co-Founder and EVP
- Hugues Vaillancourt, Finance Canada, Chief of Payments Policy, Financial Sector Policy
- Clay Wilkes, Galileo Processing, Founder and CEO
Access the full CPPO Prepaid Symposium agenda.
The presenting sponsor of the 2018 CPPO Prepaid Symposium is Wirecard. Additional sponsors include: Bank of Montreal, Galileo Processing, InComm, Mastercard, PACE Credit Union, Payment Source, Peoples Trust, Royal Bank of Canada, Scotiabank and The Fletcher Group.
Media sponsors for the event include: Bankless Times, Fintech Finance, Fintech Futures, Mercator Advisory Group, Mo’ Money Podcast, Payments Business, Payments Canada, RFi Group and Women in Payments.
For more information and to register for the CPPO Prepaid Symposium, click here.
Canadian Prepaid Providers Organization (CPPO)
The CPPO is a not-for-profit organization and the collective voice of the open-loop prepaid payments industry in Canada. It is the only association solely focused on this growing industry and is supported by major financial institutions, card networks and other industry players. The CPPO is focused on awareness and education so that consumers and businesses can have the best experience with these popular products. For further information, visit www.cppo.ca. Connect with CPPO on Twitter and LinkedIn.